Saturday 24 April 2010


Interview 4 - Imran Bashir


What do you think a music video should be based on and why?

Culture and tradition, because I am Afghan I would prefer it to be based on the Afghan culture and their food, clothes and the country itself. It would give other people (non Afghans) a chance to see the good side of Afghanistan and what it is really about, because they are being brainwashed by the media that Afghanistan is just a land where you get bombed all the time but there is more to that.

What kinds of music are you interested the most and often listen to and why?

I love all different kinds of music, form Arabic, Afghan and English, I am always listening to music because it entertains me and helps me concentrate. It feels weird when I am doing something, for example my homework, and if I don’t play music then I would be able to concentrate so in a way music helps me to relax and think properly.

What do you normally look for when watching a music video based on a love story?

For a music video based on a love story I normally look for men respecting women and true love. I don’t like the fact that in most music video women are labelled as an object and for entertainment dressed in revealing clothes. So I would like to see something different to that.

What do you think is a great theme for a general music video?

A happy atmosphere, where everyone is happy and enjoying life. Most of the music videos nowadays are full of street crime and youngsters getting in trouble and going to prison. I would like to see achievement and reaching goals.

What kinds of setting/s do you think would be good to use for a music video based on a love story?

For a love story I would say a big field of flowers, or on a beautiful island, somewhere beautiful and extraordinary where no one else is around and the couple are enjoying each other’s company are both deeply in love. It will make it to a fantasy, where nothing goes wrong which what most people, especially girls, dream of.

What time of the day do you think is perfect for filming a music video, especially a love story?

During the day, if it is going to be set on an island then it should be set during a bright sunny day. The sun makes the day so much brighter and changes people’s moods to much more positive and happy. A love song set in the rain at night would just seem depressing and dull to watch.

The interview: 16 year old, female black/Nigerian - student

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2009 a2harrowcollegemediaray1. All Rights Reserved | Powered by Blogger
Constructed By Harrow College Media Department